Thursday 7 June 2012

A different Brazilian..

As well as having red hair, (a blessing and a curse I'll tell you!) I was lucky enough to be gifted with the driest, thickest, coarsest (is that a word?) hair you could ever imagine. AND it's a not quite straight, not quite curly, mess of kinks...oh boy am I sounding gorgeous right now or what?! One of the only treatments I've found to tame my hair is the Brazilian blow dry. It really does make a massive difference to my hair.

Not quite a straightening treatment, as many think it is. The blow dry actually smooths the hair and makes it a lot more manageable and easier to work with for up to 3 months. Unfortunately it's not the cheapest treatment out there with most salons charging anywhere between £150 and £300! Now as much as I love it, and I really do swear by it, I just can't justify spending that kind of money on my hair. Therefore any time I've had a brazilian blow dry I've bought it on an offer from one of the daily deals sites, Groupon, Itison, Living Social, etc. They don't appear on the deal sites all that often, not like fish pedicures or spa packages, but if you keep your eyes peeled you can get a real bargain. I tend to pay about £60 for mine, and as I don't colour my hair, or really do much more to it other than a cut and style every couple of months, I feel like I can really justify the cost.

So I went for my latest Brazilian Blow Dry treatment last Thursday in the Illusion salon in the east end of Glasgow. It was my first time in the salon and the staff were all really friendly. They used the La Brasiliana treatment. I've had this particular brand used before and it's definitely one of my favourites...I'm becoming a bit of an expert now!! They also recommended after care products to use as after the treatment you shouldn't use shampoos and other products containing sulphates as it won't work as well. Luckily with this particular one you can wash your hair the next day, although before you wash it you really need to keep it perfectly straight; no ponytails, kirbies or tucking your hair behind your ears. One treatment I had in the past I still had to do all these things, but I was told not to wash my hair for four days...that really wasn't fun!

Unfortunately I don't have any before and after pictures as even before my hair was always straightened, and there's no way I'm posting a picture of my pre-straightened barnet on t'interweb! But the images on La Brasiliana's website shows just how much of a difference the treatment can have on your hair.





My own hair is now so much lighter, shinier, softer and less frizzy than it was before. I still need to blow dry and style it, but it takes a fraction of the time that it used to.

Have you had a Brazilian blow dry? What did you think of the results?

2 comments:

  1. Wowww what a difference! Hair looks amazing after it :)xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading them and they really put a smile on my face :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...