Monday 23 April 2012

Topshop bridal

I got married last summer, which therefore means I should never look longingly at another wedding dress (or man for that matter!) for the rest of my life, right? However I'm also a female who grew up on Disney films, so the site of all that tulle and embellishment is always going to get my heart beating a little bit faster.

I couldn't help myself getting a little excited last week when I heard that Topshop were bringing out a bridal collection designed by the fabulous Richard Nicoll. Unfortunately there's no sign of any pictures of the collection yet though so we'll all need to imagine what the designs will be like until they are released in June.

I'm not going to lie, when I first read the news I did get some terrifying Britney, Christina and Madonna style images in my head. How can a company as trend led and fashion forward as Topshop design wedding dresses that will last the distance and still look as elegant in 20 years time as they do today?
Eeeeeeek!
But then with designs that are as sleek, sophisticated and classic as Nicoll's SS12 collection surely they couldn't go too far wrong?






The jury's out until the designs are revealed in June, but with prices from £70 to £495 and a fan base as massive as Topshop's there's bound to be a queue at the door waiting for their high street wedding dresses. What do you think? Would you go high street for your wedding dress?

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh my, how intriguing! But to answer your question.......never in a million years!

    It's bad enough turning up to a night out and everyone is wearing the same Topshop dress, never mind everyone having the same Topshop wedding dress!

    But I do love Richard Nicoll........

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know what you mean. It's the one day in your whole life when you can justify spending a fortune on a ridiculously over the top dress, why go high street?

      I reserve the right to change my mind when I see the collection though.. x

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading them and they really put a smile on my face :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...